Criminal Record Expungement in Ohio
Columbus Expungement Lawyers
In Ohio, the legal process to remove criminal convictions from your record is called expungement. There are many benefits to pursuing expungement in Ohio and getting your criminal record expunged, including the ability to report to a potential employer that you do not have a criminal record. Once your record has been expunged, it is as if you were never convicted of a crime.
In order to begin the process of expungement in Ohio, the Ohio expungement statute provides that an eligible offender may apply to the sentencing Ohio court for the sealing of his or her conviction record. You can apply to seal the record three years following a felony conviction or one year following a misdemeanor conviction.
When an expungement is done correctly, it can remove obstacles to professional licenses and gainful employment. If you would like to have your record expunged, speak to one of our Ohio expungement lawyers who can give you targeted advice about your the expungement process in your case.
What Offenses Cannot Be Expunged in Ohio?
Not all offenses can be sealed or expunged from your record in Ohio. In fact, there are a number of offenses that cannot be expunged under Ohio law. Examples of convictions that cannot be expunged or sealed include:
- Assured clear distance (ACDA)
- Driving under OVI suspension
- Driving under suspension (12 point suspension, FRA suspension, security suspension, etc.)
- Failure to move over for emergency vehicle
- Failure to stop at a red light or stop sign (traffic control devices)
- Hit skip (failure to stop after an accident)
- Left of center
- Marked lanes
- No operators license (driving without a license)
- Operating a vehicle under the influence (OVI)
- Parking tickets
- Physical control of a vehicle under the influence
- Reckless driving
- Street racing
- Texting while driving
- Wrongful entrustment of a vehicle
- Sexual battery
- Corrupting a minor
- Gross sexual imposition
Examples of other convictions occurring on or after October 10, 2007 that cannot be expunged include:
- Compelling / promoting prostitution
- Pandering obscenity
- Public indecency
Ohio Expungement Lawyers – Contact Our Office For a Free Consultation
If you have any questions regarding expungement of your Ohio criminal record, please call Riddell Law now at 614-361-2804 and ask for a free case review.
You can also fill out the form to the right or email us at email@example.com. We will take your call or meet in person anytime that is convenient with your busy schedule — including on weekends, after 5:00 P.M, and on holidays.Google+