Hilliard Marijuana Possession &
Marijuana Paraphernalia Defense Attorney
Our Hilliard marijuana possession and paraphernalia defense attorneys defend clients in the Hilliard Mayor’s Court defending a clients facing marijuana drug possession and paraphernalia charges.
In most cases, if you are are facing a drug charge in Hilliard, you will be charged either under a local Hilliard City ordinance or under the Ohio Revised Code.
Our Hilliard marijuana defense lawyers defend clients in the Hilliard Mayor’s Court facing charges, including:
HILLIARD DRUG ABUSE; CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE POSSESSION OR USE.
Under Hilliard’s drug abuse law, “No person shall knowingly obtain, possess or use a controlled substance or a controlled substance analog.” Under Ohio law, marijuana is a controlled substance that falls under Hilliard’s drug abuse ordinance.
Penalties for a Drug Abuse Conviction in Hilliard:
If convicted of marijuana possession in Hilliard, the following penalties would apply:
If the marijuana is less than 100 grams, it is a minor misdemeanor. The penalty is a maximum $150 fine and no jail time. Also, the judge may suspend your driver’s license for six months to five years.
If the marijuana is between 100 and 200 grams, it is a fourth degree misdemeanor. The penalty is a maximum $250 fine and 30 days in jail. Also, the judge may suspend your driver’s license for six months to five years.
HILLIARD DRUG PARAPHERNALIA.
Under Hilliard’s marijuana drug paraphernalia law states that “No person shall knowingly use, or possess with purpose to use, drug paraphernalia.”
“Drug paraphernalia” in Hilliard includes items such as:
(1) A scale or balance for weighing or measuring a controlled substance;
(2) A separation gin or sifter for cleaning or refining marihuana;
(3) A container or device for storing or concealing a controlled substance;
(4) A wooden, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic or ceramic pipe, with or without a screen,
(5) A water pipe;
(6) A roach clip or similar object used to hold burning material, such as a marihuana cigarette, that has become too small or too short to be held in the hand.
Penalties for a Marijuana Drug Paraphernalia Conviction in Hilliard
Penalties for a conviction of marijuana drug paraphernalia in Hilliard include: