Douglas Riddell focuses his practice on the defense of DUI/OVI, criminal and traffic charges. He has represented thousands of OVI, traffic, and criminal defendants in his career, gaining extensive experience in courtrooms throughout Central Ohio.
Mr. Riddell attended both the University of Notre Dame and the University of Cincinnati College of Law. He moved to Columbus after law school to practice law as a government attorney at the Franklin County Municipal Court. After several years in public service, he founded Riddell Law with the goal of combining excellent client service and aggressive legal defense with affordable fees.
Attorney Riddell regularly practices in courthouses throughout Columbus, including county and Ohio mayor’s courts in Deerfield Township, Dublin, Grandview Heights, Grove City, Gahanna, Hilliard, Lancaster, Marble Cliff, Mason, New Albany, Newark, Plain City, Reynoldsburg, Springfield, Upper Arlington, Urbana, Westerville, and Whitehall.
He represents clients facing a wide range of criminal and traffic charges, such as DUI / OVI / drunk driving, speeding tickets, traffic violations, underage drinking, domestic violence, reckless driving, theft, criminal damaging, disorderly conduct, domestic violence, drug crimes, drug paraphernalia, fraud, juvenile crimes, hit skip, probation violation, and vandalism, among other charges.
Mr. Riddell was recently awarded an AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings. The AV Rating is the highest possible rating given by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review for a lawyer and is established wholly on a peer-review basis. The AV Preeminent designation signifies that Riddell has been rated by judges and fellow attorneys as having the highest possible rating for legal abilities and ethical standards. Find out more information about this award.
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- U.S. Federal District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Federal District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- What You Should Know About Municipal Courts, Ohio State Bar Association (4/22/13)
- What You Should Know About Obstruction of Justice (Update), Ohio State Bar Association (1/10/13)
- Appellate Judges Review Court Decisions (Update), Ohio State Bar Association (1/9/13)
- What You Should Know About Plea Bargains in Criminal and Traffic Cases (Update), Ohio State Bar Association (12/29/12)
- What to Expect in Traffic Court (Update), Ohio State Bar Association (1/3/13)
- “Castle Laws” Change Self-Defense Rights (Update), Ohio State Bar Association (1/8/13)
- OVI/DUI Law, Second Chance Counseling Driver Intervention Program
- OVI/DUI Law, Crossroads Recovery Services Driver Intervention Program
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., Political Science, 2002
- University of Cincinnati, J.D., 2005