What Will it Cost to Hire a DUI Attorney?
All of our legal fees are disclosed up front and we accept all major credit cards.
After “Am I going to jail?”, “how much do you charge?” is the most common question clients ask. After all, no one goes out planning to get a DUI, speeding ticket, or other criminal charge. Because a traffic or criminal charge is such an unexpected and unplanned expense, we find that our clients appreciate knowing the anticipated costs up front.
Generally, DUI lawyer cost (attorneys’ fees) will depend on the seriousness of the charges and the complexity of the case. We can’t quote exact fees until we know the facts of your case, your driving and/or criminal record, and the specifics of your arrest or ticket. Once we have that information (which we can gather in a phone call or at your free initial consultation), we can estimate the criminal defense or DUI lawyer costs based on the amount of work and the number of court dates we will need to appear for to achieve the most favorable resolution in your case.
That’s why we need to wait to give you an exact price until we can discuss the details of your case at your free initial consultation and case evaluation. But, to give you a general idea about what to expect, our approximate flat fee structure is as follows, although there may be some variation depending upon the case and situation.
The fee ranges cited below generally cover your arraignment hearing, investigation, document review, plea negotiations, pretrial, and any resolution of the case prior to trial.
- Most DUI / OVIs: $850 – $1250
- Most speeding tickets in Franklin County (Columbus): $150
- Most speeding tickets outside of Franklin County: $150 – $200
- Failure to control / traffic accident: $200 – $400
- Driving on a Suspended License: $175 – $500
- Hit skip (leaving the scene of an accident): $250 – $500
- Most commercial trucking (CDL) violations (e.g. Hazmat): $200 – $400
- Domestic violence: $650 – $850
- Misdemeanor theft: $250 – $500
- Most Other Misdemeanor Charges: $250 – $850
Even if you haven’t figured out yet how you are going to pay, don’t delay contacting an attorney if you are facing DUI / OVI or other criminal charges. The earlier an experienced Ohio traffic or OVI defense lawyer starts working on your case, the more opportunities there often are to get a good result or dismissal.
Facts about Our Pricing
- We base fees on the seriousness of the charges, the status of the case, and the amount of work and court dates anticipated in the case.
- We almost always charge flat fees, so there are no surprises.
- We accept all major credit cards.
- For qualifying clients, a payment plan is possible.
- We do not generally charge any extra for travel. We work in county and mayor’s courts across the state of Ohio, and we consider travel part of our cost of doing business.
To begin the process and discuss representation for your Ohio traffic, DUI/OVI , or criminal charge, call Attorney Douglas Riddell directly at 614-361-2804 or fill out the confidential form to the right. Because we know traffic and criminal charges often do not happen during 9:00-5:00 working hours, we are there to take your call after hours, on evenings, weekends, and holidays.